Sunday, November 29, 2020

Chocolate Cake Again

 A few years ago, I posted a recipe for a quick low-carb chocolate cake. Well, OK, I see it's from 2009, which is more than a few years, but time passes so quickly, it seems as if it were just a couple of years ago.

As often happens, I made this cake a few times and then forgot all about it. Recently, retrieving the recipe from behind a cabinet (don't ask), I decided to try it again. This time, I didn't cook it long enough, so the center was rather liquid, but I thought that made it even better, like a lava cake, although if you're worried about eating raw eggs you wouldn't want to undercook it.

Today, there are a zillion recipes for mug cakes like this that are cooked in minutes in the microwave, so if you want another flavor, just do a search on "mug cake" and modify for low carb if needed.

What I like about these cakes is that if you get a sudden need for some cake, you can make one in a few minutes if you keep flour alternatives around. I keep almond flour and coconut flour in the freezer as well as protein powder on the shelf.

Happy Holidays.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment